Bead Ruptor Cryo Cooling Unit
Omni Bead Ruptor 24 Cryo Cooling Unit
Cooling system to protect heat sensitive samples during homogenization
The BR-Cryo Cooling Unit is compatible with the Bead Ruptor Elite and is designed to prevent the increase of sample temperature during the homogenization process. Friction generated through the bead milling process generates heat that is imparted to the sample. In order to maintain a constant processing temperature during homogenization, the BR-Cryo passes chilled air (-100°C to -50°C) into the sample processing chamber and across the sample tubes to dissipate heat.
Samples can be maintained at a temperature ranging from 4°C to ambient thus protecting heat sensitive samples such as RNA and proteins.
The BR-Cryo can be used to maintain a constant temperature when extracting functional enzymes or volatile small molecules.
|Intra-tube temperature monitoring during bead mill homogenization. 2 mL Omni reinforced tubes containing five 2.8 mm ceramic beads (Cat # 19-628) were filled with 1 mL H2O and processed at 7 m/s on the Bead Ruptor 24 for increasing time periods. Homogenization was performed with and without the use of the BR-Cryo cooling unit using liquid nitrogen as the cryo source. Intra-tube temperatures were monitored at each time point.|
Bead Ruptor 24 Cryo Cooling Unit Overview
- Compatible with the Bead Ruptor 24
- Adjustable cooling rate
- Compatible with liquid nitrogen or dry ice with ethanol
- BR-Cryo maintain sample temperatures from 4°C to ambient
- Prevent protein degradation
- Ensure RNA stability
- Prevent enzyme activation
- Compressed dry medical grade air
- Compressed air flow rate must be at 120 PSI
- Liquid nitrogen or dry ice in ethanol (liquid nitrogen is preferred)